SQL server 2008 is one of the reliable database management system which offer all facilities to store and access your crucial data in an effective manner. This edition of SQL has been launched by Microsoft with aim to manage the user’s data in a self-organize, self-maintained and self-stunning way. But, inspite of all these features & facilities, there is a possibilities that while connecting to an SQL database server Instance user’s find that there database gets marked as SUSPECT. Hence, you are no longer be able to work on your existing database because, it gets marked as suspect SQL 2008 database.
Furthermore, due to this suspect mode, user’s are no longer be able to perform any kind of transactions from the existing database and it might be possible that MDF files become inaccessible. So, it is essential to repair suspect SQL 2008 database in order to make your files accessible again. But, before performing any kind of recovery action, you should know the exact causes which have made your database suspect.
Reason Why SQL Database Becomes SUSPECTS
- Presence of corrupt files in SQL database.
- Low storage memory that prevent the normal booting of your SQL Database.
- Unavailability of one or more database files.
- If any kind of resource of database is being held by operating system.
- Improper shut down of system.
- Power Failure.
- Hardware issue.
All the above mentioned factors are the probable factor responsible for the conversion of existing database to SUSPECT version. As a result, user’s have to face various kinds of problems and not be able to perform any operations on your database. But, now you don’t have to be worried! You can easily be able to repair suspect SQL 2008 database. So, follow the steps mentioned below and make your database workable.
Steps to Repair Suspect SQL 2008 Database
Firstly check the error log, for this you have to fire the command mentioned below;
- USE master
- SELECT NAME,STATE_DESC FROM SYS.DATABASES WHERE STATE_DESC=’SUSPECT’ GO
- Now, see the error log by expanding Management Mode –> SQL Server Error log
Bring the SQL Server in Emergency Mode
- USE master
- ALTER DATABASE BPO SET EMERGENCY
Follow the command mentioned below to repair SUSPECT SQL 2008 Database
EXEC sp_resetstatus ‘DBName’
- ALTER DATABASE DBName SET EMERGENCY
- DBCC checkdb(‘DBname’)
- ALTER DATABASE DBName SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
- DBCC CheckDB (‘DBName’, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)
- ALTER DATABASE DBName SET MULTI_USER
- Rebuild the index
- ALTER INDEX ALL ON [ TableName] REBUILD
After successful execution of above commands suspect SQL 2008 database gets repaired and you will be able to perform all kinds of transactions. But in case, even after following the above command your problem still remains same then, you have to use a third party MS SQL Database repair software. It is effective software using which you can easily repair the corrupt SQL database. Apart from better recovery option, the software will also offer very easy to use interface so, that you can very easily perform your recovery process.